Over at VolunteerPro, the digital arm of my business, we’re teaming up with Jennifer Bennett at VolunteerMatch to launch a new volunteer management podcast. We want to share inspiring stories and interviews with bright spots in the field of volunteer administration.
Stay tuned to hear from people who are shaking up the field with innovative ideas. Listen to the forthcoming podcast for tips on how volunteer coordinators around the world are addressing the challenges they identified in our Volunteer Management Progress Report survey. Challenges like:
- Recruitment – Finding enough volunteers & the right volunteers for specific roles
- Respect and “Buy-In” – Lack of executive support /understanding & co-worker resistance to volunteer involvement
- Retention – Fulfilling commitments to service & volunteers “aging out”
- Roles & Matching – Designing impactful roles & meeting volunteer interests
- Time – Splitting time between competing priorities & not enough paid staff
We’re in the planning stages and need to come up with a name stat! So, we are asking our readers to share their ideas. Help us by voting on the suggested names you like or offer your own ideas. In addition, we are seeking stories of challenge and ultimate transformation by organizations around volunteer involvement. We’d love to hear your thoughts.
Our Volunteer Management Podcast is Live!
Our Name the Podcast contest is over and we are now live! Listen to the Time + Talent Podcast today and hear uplifting and insightful conversations with thought leaders and practitioners who are redefining their roles, and the roles of volunteers
Got Questions About What We’re Up To?
Even though the naming contest is over, we still want to hear from you! Reach out to us and let us know what you think about the podcast!